Release Date: March 9. 2011 (US)
External Link: Official WebsiteWatch Great British Food Revival full episodes online free at WatchSeriesLite with TV guide, links and more.
Ten of the BBC’s best-known chefs and cooks are on a mission to popularise traditional British produce. In each programme, a renowned TV chef champions a great British produce which is under threat and in serious need of putting back on the food map. The series harnesses the power of the BBC’s food talent with 10 chefs involved in the campaign. The UK has a fantastically diverse range of produce, yet it seems to be widely ignored in favour of cheaper or more exotic foreign imports. Some of our heritage varieties are genuinely in danger of being lost forever unless they are used once more for cooking and eating. Each episode of the Great British Food Revival sees chefs and foodies champion a different piece of British produce and demonstrate how it can be used in the kitchen.
- Episode 1 - Strawberries and Watercress10/10/2012
- Episode 2 - Raspberries and Rabbit10/17/2012
- Episode 3 - Trout and Ice cream10/24/2012
- Episode 4 - Mustard and Venison10/29/2012
- Episode 5 - Mushrooms and Offal10/30/2012
- Episode 6 - Sardines and Gooseberries10/31/2012
- Episode 7 - Shrimp and Duck11/1/2012
- Episode 8 - Cheese11/2/2012
- Episode 9 - Cured Ham and Asparagus11/5/2012
- Episode 10 - Beer and Carrots11/6/2012