Release Date: January 1, 2012 (US)
In “MeatEater”, author hunter and outdoorsman Steve Rinella will walk on the wild side where cliffs, claws and the culinary art all come crashing together in one nail-biting outdoors adventure. Growing up in the Midwest’s great outdoors – hunting, fishing and trapping from a young age, Rinella has always viewed the world through the eyes of an ancestral hunter/gatherer. Entranced by early man’s skill, ingenuity and sheer determination to survive and thrive under challenging circumstances, Rinella has made it his life work to cultivate those same qualities. Rinella will deconstruct and master any hunting technique; track and pursue prey; and procure his own food, which he will turn into a mouth-watering fireside meal. Far from trophy or sport hunting, Rinella stays true to our ancestral tradition of sustenance hunting- nothing he harvests goes to waste. Whether tracking black tail deer in the remote Alaskan Wilderness, or rooting out Javelina in Texas, Rinella will defer to his back-country roots, challenging himself at every corner while providing nail biting adventure along the way.
- Episode 1 - Into the Clouds: Sitka Blacktail Deer1/1/2012
- Episode 2 - The Sweetest Meat: Black Bear1/8/2012
- Episode 3 - Stalking the Gray Ghost: Arizona Coues Whitetail Deer1/15/2012
- Episode 4 - The New American Good Chain: Wild Pig1/22/2012
- Episode 5 - Brotherhood, Badlands, and Pack Llamas: Montana Mule Deer1/29/2012