Release Date: May 16, 2011 (US)
Explorer and history buff Don Wildman is delving into the forbidden, hidden and unseen spaces across America. With a take-no-prisoners approach, he’ll unearth the truths of our past and find their secret connections to our future. Don will get insider access to off-limits mega structures, crumbling mines and abandoned factories in dogged pursuit of mystery and revelation. He’ll explore clandestine meeting grounds and serpentine passageways, telling stories of the events that took place there. Each hour-long episode of Off Limits tracks Don to a new city, where he’ll scale fences, climb mountains and crawl through tunnels, delving into a dirty and dangerous world both above ground and below. From the spots people walk by every day in the heart of their city to far-flung locations on the outskirts of town. These places are rusting away, crumbling to dust, and their stories must be told before it’s too late. Each location ties into the true but forgotten narrative of how our cities came to be. What begins as a simple exploration, a quest for truth, becomes an examination of the nature of secrecy. There’s psychology to what’s been kept out of sight, and Don applies his everyman’s wisdom wherever he goes. It’s what he’s good at, what he’s passionate about — making sense of our complex and disappearing history.
- Episode 5 - Manning Nasa’s Mars Rover, Stamping Out Coins & Taking Water From Toilet to Tap5/15/2012
- Episode 6 - TBA5/22/2012
- Episode 7 - Digging for Sea Salt, Demolishing a Bridge and Atop a Tramway6/5/2012
- Episode 8 - Atop the World’s Largest Domed Stadium, Entertaining with Water, Fire and Ice & Crushing Concrete Ro6/11/2012
- Episode 9 - Launching a Rocket, Demolishing a Pier and Firing Rounds6/18/2012
- Episode 10 - Navigating Rapids; Mucking Out Pig Stalls; Conquering a Rodeo6/25/2012